About Green Campus
Roosevelt University’s Environmental Sustainability Initiative
The objective of Roosevelt University’s Physical Resources Environmental Sustainability Initiative is to support environmental stewardship by educating the community on energy use; carbon-reduction, institution-specific consideration for alternate methods of transportation, food chain management, waste reduction, sustainable design, procurement and packaging of materials. We will achieve this by:
- Integrating and utilizing the technology necessary to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Contributing our intellectual capital and resources to the collective inter-collegiate effort to improve the sustainability of campus communities.
- Participating in Roosevelt’s multi-departmental initiatives to create a comprehensive and cohesive “green” campus environment.
- Transforming student awareness into understanding and engagement, as we provide our campus community with the infrastructure and tools to actively participate in an environmentally sustainable lifestyle.
- Establishing and maintaining compliance with environmentally progressive goals and standards.
President Middleton’s Statement
Roosevelt University is committed to being at the forefront of sustainability practices by continuously working to integrate measurable sustainability efforts throughout its campuses and by providing advice and leadership to members of the University community.